Late last year around November, 7-ELEVEN launched their own makeup line called Simply Me Beauty.
I’ve seen a couple of Youtubers did their review and some were great while some aren’t. Since I happened to be in NYC back in December, I took advantage and checked out 7-Eleven stores that carries their makeup collection. I was able to grab a few and have tried them out.
Now, let’s start with the packaging.
I find the packaging a little bit “cheesy” as for me, it seemed cheap. I don’t know why, maybe because of the print? I like a minimalist packaging design and not like this.
However, I did like the fact that it’s sealed and it’s VERY difficult to open. The tape is very strong that I almost ripped the box off. This is good for those people who likes to open products and test them out and leave it just like that!
The lipstick comes with a plastic holder inside, this keeps the product in place.
Each lipstick cost $3.99 each and I got two of them. I only picked the shades that I know I can wear. Clementine is a bright orange shade while Wine is more mauve or a deep purple shade.
- Very creamy
- Beautiful pigmentation (you can build them up for a super full coverage)
- Lightweight and non-drying
- Wearable shades
- lasted for hours and easy to re-apply
- lipstick cover has a clasp that keeps them safe in your purse
- No scent
- I just wish this is a matte finish (I prefer matte than shiny finish)
- Not transfer proof
I also picked two Lip Crayons which cost $3.49 each, it’s a little cheaper than the lipstick. I got shades Blush which is a very unique color, it’s almost nude with a hint of orange or somewhat mustardy shade (just different) and Scarlet is a bright red with a very shiny finish.
- Highly pigmented
- Retractable (no sharpener needed)
- Easy to apply
- This smells like Crayola crayon (literally)but it doesn’t linger which is good
- lip crayon cover is not as safe as the lipstick
They didn’t have much face products left but I found one that caught my eyes. I got a blush duo in the shade Coral and I paid $3.99 for this. The packaging of the blush reminds me of MAC at quick glance.
- Very pigmented (be gentle with your brush)
- Two blushes in one
- This shade gives you a natural look (very wearable)
- Stayed on my skin for up to 8 hours
- Packaging comes with a mirror
- Doesn’t smell anything
- Very less product in the pan
- Useless blush brush
On the packaging, it says formulated in USA and made in China (surprise!). Also, there is no indication that this product is cruelty-free, it’s sold exclusively in 7-Eleven stores but to those who don’t have any stores in their area (like me) it’s a bummer. Other than that, I like it!
I did enjoy these products, I’ve used them a few times and so far it didn’t disappoint me. With how affordable they are, the quality is surprisingly nice.
However, will I go back and try other products? I don’t think so, this is enough for me.
Have you guys tried any of these products from Simply Me Beauty by 7-Eleven?