Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin and the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All-day, flexible wear without flaking, caking, or feeling heavy.
I purchased this product back in August of 2016 out of the whim. While browsing the makeup aisle at CVS Pharmacy, I noticed that this jar was labeled “NEW“. I wasn’t sure if this was really new but out of curiosity, I thought why not give it a try.
This Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup retails from $9.19 or more depending on where you buy them. CVS Pharmacy sells this for $13.99 but since I had multiple coupons during that moment, I ended up paying $6.79 which was a huge bargain!
I chose the shade BUFF (150) and it’s the lightest shade available at the store. This shade looks very natural based on what you see through the jar. But when I opened it, they actually looked a bit darker than what you see from the container.
What I like?
- Super lightweight
- Amazing consistency
- Very easy to blend (I like using a foundation brush instead of a makeup sponge for easier application and flawless result)
- Full coverage
- Long wearing (sits on my skin from 7AM to 4PM or even longer)
- Matte finish (I only apply a setting powder once and I’m shine free all day)
- It didn’t irritate my skin (thumbs up to that!)
This foundation also turned one shade lighter after a few minutes from application (But, I don’t mind coz I set this foundation using my Sue Devitt loose powder which is a shade darker than this foundation so it neutralizes the end result). I’m sure to some, this is a big No-No but this didn’t bother me at all.
What I don’t like?
- The jar is thick and heavy (I don’t mind)
- less product inside (only 23ml compared to Rimmel London Match Perfection Foundation with 30ml for only $4.97)
- You have to either dip your finger or brush into the jar to get the product out (not a big fan)
- Choosing the right shade is a little bit difficult if you rely on the external appearance or color through the glass jar.
Would I repurchase this foundation? Yes, perhaps pick a different shade AND if it’s more affordable than $13.99. * CVS Pharmacy is currently having a Buy 1 Get 1 half off with a selling price of $15.29 while it retails for $10.77 at Walmart.*
Would I recommend this foundation? Yes! If you don’t mind wearing a foundation that turns a shade lighter.
How about you? Have you guys tried this foundation?