Todays post is about a couple of products that I’ve never seen or heard before. I purchased them at Ocean State Job Lot a few months ago.
What is Ocean State Job Lot?
“The idea was to sell brand name, first quality products at closeout prices. Our merchandise selection not only consists of a variety of manufacturer’s overruns, overstocks and packaging changes, but also includes many areas where our buyers have determined that “holes” exist in the marketplace. We are constantly on the hunt for special deals, which allow us to offer quality brand name merchandise at closeout prices”.
I guess it’s now time to share my thoughts.
First item is an eye makeup remover.
I was drawn to this product because of it’s color and of course the ingredients.
PUR(e) GENTLE EYE MAKE UP REMOVER is specially designed for cleansing and caring for the sensitive eye area. It’s gentle formula contains Panthenol and Aloe Vera, which leaves eye area moisturized without leaving a greasy residue. Enjoy the following benefits:
OIL FREE – PARABENS FREE – HYPOALLERGENIC – IDEAL FOR SENSITIVE EYES – FRAGRANCE FREE – HYDRATING FORMULA
Water/Propylene Glycol, PEG 80, Sorbitan Laurate, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Sodium Benzoate, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Disodium EDTA, FD&C Blue 1
- Very affordable ($1.97)
- Smells fresh (slight scent of Aloe Vera but doesn’t linger or stay on your skin)
- Very gentle on my skin/eyes
- Removes waterproof mascara really well (not messy)
- Removes eye makeup easily
- Great ingredients
- Feels clean after use (no rinse needed)
- Cruelty free
- (Unfortunately, I cannot find this product on the web so I don’t have any link to refer you with or maybe I just didn’t search deeper?)
Now the second item is a loose powder.
I am not a fan of loose powders in general but I took a gamble and purchased this Sue Devitt Triple C-Weed Loose Powder in Quiet & Still.
Mineral and nutrient-rich seaweed: restores and revitalizes skin, giving a luminous and supple appearance Vitamin c: antioxidant effectively combats premature signs of aging Green tea extract fights free radicals Chamomile extract soothes and heals Nylon-12 contracts and expands with facial movement, guaranteeing flexibility, durability, wearability.
I’ve been seeing this loose powder every time I passed by the store but I’ve never paid much attention until they almost ran out. There were few of this powder left so I thought why not give it a try. This claims to be “Silky and lightweight texture leaves the skin fresh and translucent offering maximum shine control“.
The moment I opened the jar/container of this Sue Devitt Triple C-Weed Loose Powder, I was a bit worried that it might be too dark for my skin. The holes on the sifter jar are quite big that makes a mess so easily. It comes with a cute puff (which I don’t use) but it’s useful to keep the powder in place.
I love this powder so much that I had to go back hoping to purchase some more (to stock up), unfortunately they were sold out. Ocean State Job Lot is not the typical store that carries the same products all the time. It’s most commonly known as a “discount store” (you know what I’m talking about right?). So I guess better luck next time!
- Very affordable ($3.49 / full size)
- Super gentle on my skin (didn’t break me out)
- Beautiful matte finish (smooth and no scent)
- Keeps my skin matte/shine free all day on this hot summer days
- Great for baking (makeup baking and not cooking OK?LOL)
- Also works well as a setting powder
- Medium coverage (can be used just by itself)
- Perfect match for my skintone
- Available online (Amazon, Amerimark, Jet.com, etc.)
- Amazing ingredients
- Cruelty free
- (Wish it’s less messy! but hey, what do you expect? It’s a loose powder duhh..)
And oh! did I mention that both products are made in Canada? (woohoo to my Canadian friends)! ❤
Have you guys tried any of the two?