I tried so hard to be on a “No Buy” mode for the past two months and I was really proud that I’m able to stop myself from purchasing any makeup related stuff.
I admit, there were moments that I was about to give up and just say “what the heck” but no, I kept my promise and I did it. I originally planned of just doing a “Low-Buy” but instead, I went on a “No Buy” for the month of January and February.
When March 1st came, I couldn’t help but check out the usual makeup section at Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack and more.. and there!!! I did some damage.
Now, let me show you what I’ve collected for the past week!
- Too Faced Totally Cute Eye Shadow Collection – I really wanted to purchase this in the past but I wasn’t willing to pay $36.00. So when I saw this on display, I immediately took one and I only paid $14.97. Such a great deal!
- Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick – I love the melted lipsticks a lot and as soon as I saw them on the rack, without a doubt I had to grab them. I got the shades Melted Melon and Melted Candy. This retails for $21.00 a piece while I only paid $8.97 each. Who can beat that? 🙂
- Lipstick Queen – I’ve been wanting to try this lipstick but I wasn’t feeling the $24.00 price tag. I haven’t heard a lot talking about this either so it’s difficult for me to spend that amount. Fortunately, Nordstrom Rack had them for $9.97 so I got two. They’re in the shades Fire Red Sinner and Saint Bright Rose. I haven’t tried them yet so I’m keeping my fingers crossed hoping they’re good.
- Korres Greek Yoghurt Nourishing Lip Cooler – I’ve heard about this brand for quite sometime now but for whatever reason, it just didn’t appeal to me. So when I saw them at Marshalls for $2.99 each I had to pick them up. I got them in Strawberry and Raspberry flavors. I believe this product is now discontinued but if I’m not mistaken, this was originally sold for $19.00 at Sephora.
- butter LONDON CHEEKY Cream Blush – Another discontinued item that I’m so glad I’m able to snag a couple before it’s gone. I have them in the shades Tiddly and Naughty Biscuit for only $2.99 each. I saw them being sold on different online sites starting from $11.99 on eBay up to $25.50 on LookFantastic.com.
Burlington Coat Factory
- Cargo Cosmetics “Around the World Eye Shadow Palette” – I’ve never tried any products from Cargo Cosmetics and lucky enough, Burlington Coat Factory had a few of this palette left. This palette retails for $34.00 while I only paid $11.99. This palette is beautiful, super smooth and highly pigmented so I guess I snagged a gem right here!
- L.A Girl Glazed Lip Paint – Another first from L.A Girl cosmetics. I’ve always wanted to try their concealer and lip products but as always, I kept putting the order on hold since it has to be purchased online. But when I saw this staring at me on display, I knew I had to take them home. This L.A Girl Glazed Lip Paint cost $5.00 each while I paid $5.99 for this entire set. The shades are Pin-Up and Blushing. Two lip colors that I love to wear at anytime of the day.
Christmas Tree Shop
- essence Cosmetics – Blush Up! Powder Blush caught my attention from afar. This reminded me of the Wet N’ Wild Ombre Blushes (review here) that I used to love. They come is two shades, Heat Wave and Pinky Flow. I got the shade Pinky-Flow (20) which is a gorgeous pink but is very subtle when applied on the skin. This retails for $3.99 each.
- essence Satin Touch Blush – I LOVE blushes from essence cosmetics and I get so excited when I see something that I know I will enjoy. I got the shade Satin Coral (10) and this blush is super affordable. I only paid $2.99 and I wish they had more shade options.
- essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick – This lipstick is super smooth and feels very comfortable on the lips. I couldn’t resist myself but I had to give it a try and I really liked it. This retails for $3.99 each and comes in eight shades, I got the shade Natural Kiss (01) which is pretty and nice for an everyday wear.
- Wet N’ Wild MegaGlo Dual-Ended Contour Stick – I have been eyeing on this contour stick for awhile now and I finally gave in and had to buy one. I’ve read amazing reviews on this contour stick and I cannot wait to put this to the test. I purchased this for $4.99 and in the shade Light/Medium.
- Wet N’ Wild MegaGlo Makeup Stick – Conceal and Contour – Another concealer to try from the MegaGlo line. This is in the shade Follow Your Bisque (807) and this cost $3.99. I am really hoping that this concealer won’t disappoint me.
- Wet N’ Wild MegaGlo Makeup Stick – Highlight – Who doesn’t love a great and affordable highlighter? I purchased this with high hopes so I cannot wait to open this up and try them on. This is available in every drugstores here in the U.S with a price tag of $3.99 each. This comes in two shades and I got the shade When the Nude Strikes (800).
To sum it up…
I cannot wait to put these products to the test, I know most of these brands are already on top of my list but you never know. Makeup is definitely something that we all have a love and hate relationship with and I myself can attest to that. One last thing, I didn’t purchase these products all at once. These were accumulated beginning March 1 until this post went up.
Have you guys tried any of the products mentioned above?