One of my goals is to try new makeup releases at the drugstore (as much as possible). And recently, most drugstore makeup brands have released quite a good number of lip items that I was able to purchase and put to the test.
I’ve used these lipsticks not just once but several times to make sure that i’ll be able to share a prompt review for everyone. But as always, my opinion is based on my own experience so results may vary from mine to yours.
I have nine lip products to share with you guys, so let’s begin!
KATY KAT MATTE LIPSTICK – Kitty Purry
KATY KAT MATTE LIPSTICK – Coral Cat
Calling all Katy Kats! Our new Katy Kat Demi-Matte Lipstick is a purr-fect collection of velvety soft and luscious-feeling lipsticks with a demi-matte finish created by the one-and-only Katy Perry. With 11 shades in all, discover a new matte lip look you’ll love that’s not flat or dry.
- Creamy formulation and great pigmentation
- Glides smoothly
- Feels super comfortable on the lips
- Doesn’t dry matte (instead, it dries semi-matte)
- Doesn’t bleed
- Long lasting
- Typical lipstick scent (very mild and doesn’t linger)
- The usual Covergirl packaging with the difference of Katy Perry print
- $7.99 (prices may vary)
OUTLAST LONGWEAR LIPSTICK – Into the Fuchsia
No need to choose between moisture or color that lasts as long as you do—now you can have both! Outlast Longwear Lipstick doesn’t flake or crumble. It’s super-powered with moisture, so it stays super fresh and super flexible all day.
- Great formulation (really hydrating)
- Stunning color payoff (satin finish, not matte)
- Feels like you are not wearing lipstick on your lips
- Cute thin (silver) packaging
- Very long wearing (at least 8 hours, left a stain on my lips in a pleasant way)
- Smells like old lipstick (the only downside, but it doesn’t linger or you can’t smell it if you don’t dig your nose on the product)
- $9.80 (prices may vary)
Covergirl is made in the U.S A and distributed by Procter & Gamble. Unfortunately, not a cruelty free company.
LIP STUDIO COLOR JOLT INTENSE LIP PAINT – Never Bare
Go beyond gloss with a jolt of intense color. Maybelline’s vibrant lip paint delivers 8x more pigment in every drop.
- Amazing pigmentation
- Easy to apply (the flocked tip precision applicator makes it easier to apply)
- Smells yummy (smells like strawberry?? and doesn’t linger)
- Great color payoff
- Super long wearing
- Definitely non-drying
- Really cute packaging
- Very comparable to the Too Faced Melted Liquified Lipstick but way cheaper
- $9.99 (prices may vary)
- Highly recommended!
COLOR SENSATIONAL VIVID MATTE LIQUID – Nude Flush
Drench your lips in vivid color with a matte finish. 2X the pigments for intense color.
- Beautiful pigmentation
- Decent size applicator wand (for more precise application)
- Doesn’t dry matte (if you are looking for matte finish then this is not for you)
- Feels wet on the lips when applied (shiny finish, but if you pat the excess with tissue/napkin then it will leave your lips matte but with less product left)
- Smells really good (smells like perfume but really really nice scent and not overwhelming)
- Nice packaging
- Long lasting
- $7.99 (prices may vary)
LIP STUDIO COLORBLUR CREAM MATTE PENCIL & SMUDGER – I Like to Mauve It
- Smooth application
- Amazing pigmentation and creamy formulation
- Matte finish (just how I wanted)
- Very long lasting
- Smells like wax/plastic (just don’t dig your nose on the product then you won’t smell it..LOL)
- Convenient packaging with smudger on the other end of the lip pen.
- Twist up lipstick pen
- $8.99 (prices may vary)
Maybelline New York is made in the U.S A and unfortunately, another brand that still test on animals.
Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Nude Collection Lipstick – in the shade no. 45
• Embrace the new nude trend…. chic, stylish and sophisticated …like Kate!
• Up to 8 hours of long lasting nude colour.
• There is a nude for every girl! Find your perfect nude.
- Creamy formulation
- Great pigmentation
- Gorgeous color payoff (lips but better look)
- With a mild scent (typical Rimmel London lip products scent but this doesn’t linger)
- Gives you a beautiful satin finish
- Does not test on animals (Info here)
- Made in England
- Only last for a few hours (downside)
- $4.72 (prices may vary)
L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Collection Exclusive Lipstick offers the most refined look for your lips. Get custom-made nudes for every skin tone. It keeps lips soft, smooth and hydrated for naturally radiant lips.
- Very creamy upon application
- Superb color payoff
- Long wearing
- Beautiful velvety feel packaging (looks really elegant)
- Super strong scent (dislike! only used this twice and has to remove them on my lips, the scent does linger)
- Drying (my lips felt weird after using this lipstick)
- Lots of great reviews though (but didn’t work well on me)
- Does not test on animals (YEY! info here)
- $5.97 (prices may vary)
Burt’s Bees Moisturizing Lipstick – Blush Basin
With their rich moisturizing color and natural ingredients, Burt’s Bees Lipsticks keep your lips looking sensational and hydrated all day long. The 14 shades of satin-smooth color create a palette of offerings in a rich range of pinks, corals, nudes, mauves, berries and reds to inspire and delight. Formulated with moringa and raspberry seed oils, the 100% natural ingredients work to keep your lips feeling moist and hydrated through the day. Made from 60% recycled materials, the stylish packaging is fun to carry with you and makes application easy and smooth. For moisturizing lip color in a rich range of shades, try Burt’s Bees Lipsticks delight.
- Wonderful pigmentation
- Very hydrating
- Feels like a lip balm on your lips
- Unique packaging design (reminds me of a Beehive)
- Made with natural ingredients (made in USA too)
- Does not test on animals (info here)
- $7.62 (prices may vary)
I hope this is not too much to read guys! I’m sure some of you have tried these lippies so care to share your thoughts too?